Get The Best Refrigerator Repair in Greenville
When your fridge breaks down we know you need fast refrigerator repair in Greenville because it can be so frustrating to put shopping on hold until it is fixed. Out of all the appliances in your home you may depend on your refrigerator the most, and you never want your food to go bad because of a broken compressor or leaky freezer. Let us help you repair your fridge in Greenville to keep that temperature cool so you avoid food decay or bacteria growth. Get started now and see how our experts can help.
What is the Average Cost of Refrigerator Repair in Greenville?
While nearly every repair job is unique and will vary in parts and labor time, the average refrigerator repair costs in Greenville is $185 to $450. If your refrigerator is very old it can be tougher to fix and parts may be more rare, adding to the cost. You may want to check the efficiency ratings of your fridge if it is really old. If it is too old it might be costing you more in electricity than it is worth and you may want to get rid of it. High quality brands like Whirlpool and LG will break down less often but when they do, their replacement compressors, fans and other parts can be pricey.
All of the above mentioned issues will affect the final cost of fridge repair in Greenville and should also help you if you are considering completely replacing it. If your fridge is making weird noises and periodically stops cooling it could be a problem that just gets worse over time. Or you might just need to fix the icemaker and it could be good as new. Once a knowledgeable Greenville refrigerator repairman knows the age of the unit, what the issues it has currently and in the past, they can give good advice on whether an old fridge is worth keeping.
Most estimates for refrigerator repair in Greenville will include a breakdown of costs such as:
- Service fee. A minimum fee to cover the Greenville fridge repairman’s time, gas, etc.
- Cost of parts needed
- Labor costs
On average, the cost of refrigerator repairs in Greenville is between $125-$200 per hour for labor and approximately $50-$125 for diagnosing the issue unless it is included in the labor costs. Some more complex issues can run up in costs, well over $425 for repairs depending on the amount of work and parts necessary, especially if a compressor is the issue.
Common Problems To Fix
Unfortunately, fixing a refrigerator in Greenville is something that nearly all homeowners have to deal with at some point. You depend on your fridge to run 24/7 with no breaks to keep your food cold or frozen and that takes its toll on the appliance over time. You want to keep your eye out for warning signs that your fridge is having issues so a technician can perform maintenance before it is absolutely necessary. Following are the most common issues homeowners need fridge repair in Greenville:
- Not properly cooling
- Not properly freezing
- Refrigerator food is being frozen
- Leaking water onto the ground
- Defrost drain seems clogged
- Refrigerator making unusual sounds
- Refrigerator running all the time
- Ice maker not making ice
- Ice maker is overflowing but not dispensing
Before checking out refrigerator repair companies in Greenville on your own, check to see if your appliance warranty policy covers the repair. Some units are able to be serviced for just a nominal call fee. This is especially helpful if the issue is deeper than just replacing a filter. However, if you find that the appliance warranty is expired or that your home warranty does not cover it, you can rest assured that a professional will be able to come diagnose and repair the appliance.
Choosing The Best Refrigerator Repair Service in Greenville
Once you have determined that you need to choose the best refrigeration repair professional in Greenville, you need to find someone who is not only educated but also qualified to get the job done properly. Before you choose any contractor to help fix your fridge, below are some things to consider.
- Talk to a few fridge repair companies in Greenville: We recommend that you talk to at least two Greenville refrigerator repair companies to ask pertinent questions such as what is included in the service, if the call fee is flat or per hour, whether your unit is under warranty and how quickly they can get the job done. A high quality professional will want some details like the make and model of your fridge, how long the problem has been going on and if it has been fixed in the past. If the technician doesn’t ask these questions, it may be a red flag that they are not as qualified and may end up just doing a quick patch job rather than actually fix the issue.
- Get Referrals: The best referral for any contractor is by word of mouth from a friend or family member who has seen their work first hand. Finding out how the technician did, how their work is holding up and if they were able to permanently fix the refrigerator is the key to getting someone who will do just as good as a job on your own appliance.
If you do not have any personal referrals, the next best thing is to check online.
Common Issues That Require a Refrigerator Repair in Greenville
Broken Compressor: an intricate component of a refrigerator and can have multiple issues that can either be fixed or may need replacement.
- Clicking sound: usually occurs when there is an issue with the start relay or potentially an overload issue. The condenser coils should be kept cool and cleaned otherwise they could become overly warm. A relay replacement cost is around $40-$90 while a new compressor can be upwards of $750.
- Faulty fan: can cause unusual sounds or excessive heat which then would cause the unit to overheat.
Broken Icemaker: costs to repair an icemaker can vary between $200-$400 depending on the specific issue:
- Defroster making noise: while refrigerators typically make noise during cooling, a noise that is not normal such as clicking or buzzing. Prices to fix a defroster run between $125-$225.
- Faulty icemaker: there may be a water line blockage or the bail wire inside may be broken or bent. However, the entire ice maker may need to be replaced which can cost upwards of $300-$350.
- Faulty freezer: there are several different factors that can lead technicians to determine that the freezer is faulty such as a buzzing sound that is louder than normal. If there is water leaking onto your floor from the refrigerator, chances are that the freezer is thawing and it needs to be fixed.
Additional problems like the freezer not cooling, food not staying frozen can be fixed by replacing or repairing the motor, typically around $220-$270.
Chart of Labor Costs To Fix a Refrigerator in Greenville
|Type of Work||Average Hourly Labor Cost|
General Repair - with labor+parts, excluding
Replacing start relay/overload
Compressor - reconditioning
Compressor - replacing
Icemaker - repairing
Defroster - repairing
Drain pan - repairing
Freezer motor - replacing
Should you DIY or Hire a Greenville Refrigerator Repairman?
As a homeowner, you may be inclined to try to do as much around your home as possible. When your refrigerator breaks down, it may seem like a problem you can fix yourself. However, you should take some things into consideration before giving DIY a shot:
- Time is of the essence: You want your fridge fixed fast, and if replacement parts are needed the repairman likely already has them ready to go. If you act fast you may salvage the food in your freezer and fridge.
- Quality of work: while you may be detail oriented, someone who is an expert in refrigerator repairs in Greenville will make sure that it doesn’t need to be fixed again in the near future.
What Are Some Questions I Should Ask a Greenville Refrigerator Repair Contractor?
- How many years of experience? While every refrigerator repairman in Greenville has to get a start somewhere, you want to get someone with experience under their belt so you can rest assured the job will be done correctly. If you do speak to someone with less than 3 years of experience, you can find out if they work under a master professional.
- Do they provide a warranty? Anytime you receive repair work by a professional, always ensure that they provide a warranty and guarantee their work for a specific amount of time. Ideally, obtain a written guarantee to cover your back and hold the professional responsible should their work cause additional issues.
- Are damages covered? If a professional is bonded and insured, chances are they cover repairs. However, each individual or company may be different, so always ask if any damages, should they occur, be covered.
If your refrigerator stops working it is important not to panic and hire the first fridge repair company in Greenville that picks up the phone. Some untrustworthy technicians might pick up on the urgency and charge you 2-3 times the normal price just so they can make more money off of your situation. Even in an emergency repair, you should not have to feel like you are being rushed into choosing just anybody.
Below are some basic steps you can take to help protect yourself:
- Get more than one quote: Some technicians will sense your urgency to get the job done and will give you a high quote, hoping you just take the quote and use their services. Let the professional know you are obtaining multiple quotes for refrigerator repair in Greenville. This ensures that you not only are able to compare the rates you receive, but it also lets them know that you will have options which should deter them from price gouging you.
- Do not pay until the refrigerator is fixed: most professionals in Greenville will provide you with a quote first, then complete the job and upon your inspection will ask for payment. If someone demands that you pay before any work is completed, you should raise a red flag. This is the one of the most common ways people scam customers.
- Try not to leave the Greenville fridge repairman in your home by themselves: While we always make sure to partner you with a with fridge repairman in Greenville who is upstanding and provides high quality work, there are always less reputable people out there who say they can fix anything. If you get a bad feeling from them, be sure to at least stick around until they finish the job.
Once you know that you need refrigerator repair in Greenville, contact a reputable and experienced professional. Ask the questions you need to feel secure in your decision and ensure that they warrant their work in case they need to come back. Get started now.
Greenville Refrigerator Repair CompaniesAuthorized Appliance Service Center - Greenville, SC 29601Quick Fix Fridge Repair - Greenville, SC 29601Banks Appliances - Greenville, SC 29607A To Z Appliance Service - Greenville, SC 29609Ted Cook Heating Service - Taylors, SC 29687 (4.72 miles from Greenville, SC)Master Appliance Service - Greenville, SC 29611Thomas & Son Appliance Service - Greenville, SC 29607Tsc, Inc. - Greer, SC 29650 (9.72 miles from Greenville, SC)Security Plus Home Solutions Group, Llc - Liberty, SC 29657 (20.03 miles from Greenville, SC)Steve Nance Appliance Repair - Spartanburg, SC 29301 (23.33 miles from Greenville, SC)
Refrigerator Repair Near Greenville
Greenville Refrigerator Repair By Zip Code